|Air date||March 13th, 2012|
← Body Paint
Izumi Akazawa is seen at the riverbank, crying and shouting "Stupid brother!". Then she throws her coffee can and hits someone on the head. She realized this and went to the bottom to apologize. Suddenly she tripped on her leg and fell. Then the boy that her coffee's can hit goes to her and offers his hand to help her back up. The boy turned out to be Kouichi Sakakibara. Then, she wakes up from her dream and realized that was her first meeting with Kouichi.
Back to the present time, students of 9th Grade Class 3 go on a class trip. Yuuya Mochizuki decides to take a few pictures and teases Mei Misaki and Kouichi together with instructions for Mei to move closer to Kouichi. Then Naoya Teshigawara said that Mochizuki should be in the picture too and he'll take their picture. He also does the same with Mei and Kouichi with addition, he instructed Mochizuki and Mikami-Sensei to move closer to one another. However, all of them don't seem very happy when they were taking the pictures.
In the room, Kouichi, Mei, Mochizuki and Teshigawara listen to the rest of the tape;
Note that [*] represents the absence of a name.
- Now, this is the important part; right after we finally reached the bottom of the mountain, that's when it happened. And by it I mean... I... it happened in the forest, outside the lodge. I got into an argument with a guy named [*]. We ended up trading blows. And then... And then... The next thing I knew, he wasn't moving. He was lying under a huge tree. When I looked closer, I saw he'd been impaled on a branch. He was dead.
- Terrified, I ran back to my room at the lodge. It had been decided that we'd be staying an extra night. The police came to see us about the lightning and the fall. They asked me a lot of questions, but I couldn't tell them anything about [*].
- I hardly slept at all that night. I was sure someone would find [*]'s body and everyone would freak. But in the morning, there were no signs of that happening, so I went back to the forest into find it myself, but... it wasn't there. It had vanished without a trace, I was so bewildered. I asked the others what had happened to [*], but they all just looked at me like I was crazy. "Who's that? I don't know anyone with that name". They even said there were 19 students on the trip, not 20. That's when it dawned on me; the guy I'd killed must have been the extra student all along. I know without a doubt that I killed [*], nothing will change that fact. That's why I decided to come clean here. This is my confession.
- It's been two weeks since the trip, and only I, the sole person deeply involved in his death, still remember [*]. But I get the feeling it's only a matter of time. That's why, while my memory is still clear, I want to tell you the truth and how to stop the calamity; send them back to death where they belong. Send the dead back to death. That's how to stop the calamity once it's begun.
Noticing that the student's name was absent from the recording, they affirm that it's real as there'd be no reason to alter a fake. However when Tahigawara said that they have to kill the dead person, all of them went into silence when Kouichi asked, "Will you kill your own classmate?".During dinner, they discuss about how they are able know who is the dead person. Suddenly, Izumi breaks the silence and said that she wants to announce something. After Mikami-Sensei gives her permission, she gives her speech and said it is all Mei's fault. When Mei asked Izumi what she wanted, Izumi said that she wanted her to apologize. Mei then asked "There's no point. Would apologizing serve any purpose? If it will, I'll do it.".
After Chibiki sends the student to the hospital, Mei thanks Kouichi for protecting her during dinner. Then she asks Kouichi to go to her room to show the picture. In her room, they see the picture and she asks Kouichi where he found the pictures, he replied and said his grandma found it in Reiko Mikami's room. Mei said that Reiko and his mother look very identical when they were young. Then Mei asked Kouichi did his aunt do painting, he said yes and Reiko considered it as her real job. Then he asked how she was certain that he was not the dead one, she said that her green eye can show who is dead. She said that actually her mother, Kirika whose real name is Yukiyo Misaki had a twin sister named Tsukiyo. When Tsukiyo married she had a twin, that is Mei and Misaki Fujioka. After Kirika's child died after it was born, she was really
Mei said that her doll eye can tell who is the dead person, so Kouichi asked who is the dead person. Just when Mei wants to tell him, suddenly Teshigawara breaks in and said that he thinks he may have done something terrible. Then there is a student's body lying outside the building.
- This is the first episode since episode 2 to not feature a death scene, not counting flashbacks.
- Aya Ayano disappears in the opening from this episode, because she died in the previous one, and is replaced by Kyouko Kaneki and Aki Matsui.
|Anime||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|OVA||Episode 0 (OVA)|