|“||I'm sorry. It's just that I really like this kind of things.||”|
|Manga||Chapter 1 (Another 0)|
Ryoko Akiyama was a Yomiyama North Middle School's student from the 3-3 Class of 1983 along with Reiko Mikami and Katsumi Matsunaga. She appears exclusively in the manga and never appears in the anime, and was never mentioned.
Ryoko has short straight black hair and black eyes. She wears the Yomiyama's North Middle School female standard uniform.
Ryoko seems to be a superficial and ironic girl. She claimed that she likes "that kind of thing", referring to the class curse. Also, Ryoko gathered information about the curse and the calamity from ex-students from class 3-3 and researched about it and believes it, claiming that "a lot of students have died", even if she isn't affected by it. She is a joker person as she likes to scare Reiko with the curse. Ryoko was Reiko's best friend.
Ryoko appears in Another 0 manga. In the first page, she woke Reiko up from her sleep at school. Also, Ryoko usually is seen with Reiko at school, talking with her about the curse. Ryoko had insisted the curse was real, warning Reiko to be careful, before heading home, telling her she'd see her tomorrow.
Ryoko died at the end of Chapter 1 (Another 0) after being hit by a car while returning home from school, because of the 9th-grade class 3 curse; as the first to die, this was the sign the curse had started.
When Reiko found out about her death she was devastated, and couldn't believe it that her friend was gone. At her funeral, Reiko said that Ryoko was her best friend since 1st year.
- Reiko said that, at the time of her death, she was overcome with grief.
- It is unclear whether Ryoko died instantly or in the hospital despite all the efforts of the doctors in trying to save her.
- Her first name, Ryoko means "understanding child".
- In her surname, Akiyama, "Aki" means "autumn" and "Yama" is means "mountain".
- Ryoko and Reiko were best friends since their first year of school.