|“||Does that include our families too? We can't even tell our parents and siblings?||”|
—Shigeki Yonemura asks Kubodera to what extent Countermeasures will be enforced.
|Affiliation||Deaths of August (novel only)|
|Status|| Alive (Anime)|
Deceased (Manga, Novel)
He has short brown hair that is similar to Takabayashi's hairstyle and gray eyes. He wears the school uniform.
Of the four casualties at the Inn in the manga (Junta, Takako, and Manabu being the other three), Shigeki is the only one not ever shown, so his appearance in the anime is the only one in existence.
Shigeki seems to be a cheerful, friendly, and sociable person.
He's one of Takeru Mizuno's friends.
He made his debut in "Rough Sketch" as one of the characters socializing during break on Kouichi's first day of school. Shigeki was in class when Kubodera killed himself and was one of the students who fled the room.
Along with Haruka Etou, Kazue Satou, Megumi Tatara, Sachiko Nakajima , Naomi Fujimaki and Takeru Mizuno, he didn't attend the school excursion in "Glass Eye", which allowed him to survive the calamity.
- He is ranked A in Another characters ranking.
- His home address is 5-22 Asamida Yomiyama City.
- He is one of the few characters whose status in the anime changed positively, as he survives the events of the class trip, and therefore the curse itself. In the novel, he is murdered by Keiko Numata, and in the manga, he dies in a fire, both at the inn. This is probably because, in the anime, he simply didn't go on the class trip. He also has the distinction of being the only victim of the Calamity in the manga who is never actually shown.
- His first name, Shigeki, means "luxuriant tree."
- He only has dialogue in the novel, during one of the Interludes.