|“||I know things about you that even you don't know.||”|
|Born||06/06/1983 (Gemini) ♊️|
|Height||168 cm/5' 6"|
|Hair Color||Dark Blue|
|Occupation||High School Student|
"Deaths of August"
|Status||Alive (In all other adaptions)|
|Cause of Death||Died from head hemorrhage inflicted by Izumi.|
Tomohiko Kazami (風見 智彦 Kazami Tomohiko) was a student from the 9th Grade Class 3 in 1998 with Kouichi Sakakibara, and one of the class officers along with Yukari Sakuragi and later Izumi Akazawa at Yomiyama North Middle School.
Kazami was a person with a height slightly below average, being very pale complexion, dark blue hair and eyes of the same color. He wears square-shaped green-rimmed glasses. In addition, he is usually seen wearing the school male standard uniform, but his casual clothing consists of a white T-shirt with blue details, and gray pants.
In the manga, he has the same appearance; however, his glasses are oval-framed, and his hair darker.
In the live-action film, his appearance is quite similar to the manga's. He has black hair and black eyes. He also isn't wearing glasses.
Tomohiko was a calm and collected person. He was also pretty mature for his age, and has a very serious attitude, especially about his work. He and Teshigawara have been best friends since they were children, and he seems to have a crush on Yukari Sakuragi, as hinted when he blames Kouichi for her death, and Tomohiko's unease whenever she's around. Tomohiko seems to have held a grievance against Kouichi, and his association with Mei, for having caused the deaths of so many members of the class, and of Yukari in particular. When attacking Kouichi in the inn, he accused Kouichi of being the Extra and blamed him for the year's calamity. However, since he murdered two other people before, it is unknown how he rationalized killing them, only asking Kouichi if he still remembered Aki, and then concluding that Aki wasn't the Extra.
He visits the hospital in "Rough Sketch" while Kouichi was sick, but seemed to act very strange around him, along with his fellow class rep Yukari and the countermeasures head, Izumi. He was among the students who officially welcomed Kouichi on his first day of school, but because he needed permission from Izumi, he and Naoya didn't tell him about the curse.
Tomohiko was more often than not a background character from then on out. In "Bone Work", when the exam schedule is posted, Tomohiko along with Naoya makes the most conversation about it and what high schools each is likely to attend. He and Naoya live next door and have known each other since they were little. Later in the episode he and Kouichi are walking between buildings when Kouichi looks up, sees Mei on the roof, says "Hang on," and runs off. Tomohiko is soon seen with Naoya as Naoya calls Kouichi on his cellphone to tell him that Akazawa looks like she's going to blow her top! "Don't mess with things that don't exist! It's dangerous!"
When Izumi declared the class needed to ignore Kouichi in addition to Mei, he was one of the students who did so. Following this developement and the death of Yukari, he became more closely involved with countermeasures, and was occasionally seen accompanying Izumi and Takako on breaks. Tomohiko attended the class trip to the shrine in Episode 10, where he shared a room with Naoya.
When Daisuke Wakui had his asthma attack, Tomohiko, sitting to Daisuke's right, was one of the students who tried to assist him. Shaken by this, he and the other students returned to their rooms. In Episode 11, Naoya burst into Mei's room and revealed he'd thought Kazami was the dead person, and went to confront him, as Tomohiko didn't remember a lot of their shared childhood. The confrontation turned heated, and Teshigawara accidentally pushed Kazami over the balcony. Kazami was injured and blood was flowing from his head. However, when Naoya tried to show his friends where Tomohiko had fallen, he'd vanished, having regained consciousness and returned to the inn.
Mochizuki later reports seeing Tomohiko, that Tomohiko had come to his room, covered in mud and angry. Mochizuki admits to telling Tomohiko about the tape. In episode 12 he begins targeting his classmates, killing Kyouko Kaneki and Aki Matsui by stabbing them from behind. After murdering Aki, he encountered Kouichi, who was infuriated by the senseless deaths. Undisturbed by his actions, Tomohiko simply attacked Kouichi next, accusing him of being the extra, but equally furious as he held Kouichi responsible for Yukari's death. Just before he could deal the final blow to Kouichi, however, he was killed by Izumi, who hit him in the head with an iron rod. Having already encountered Tomohiko's victims, Izumi was furious, declaring he didn't deserve to live, and coldly taunted Tomohiko, telling him he could keep Yukari company as he didn't deserve to live. However, before the blow could land, Chibiki intervened and admonished Izumi, as classmates shouldn't be killing each other. Furious, Izumi fled, with a still unsatisfied antagonism towards Mei. Chibiki and Kouichi took Tomohiko's body out to his car where he'd been gathering the other survivors. Since Chibiki simply laid out Tomohiko's body and didn't attempt to provide first aid, he realized that Tomohiko was already past help. Naoya was horrified to learn of Tomohiko's death.
In the manga, none of the events in the 11th and 12th episode of the anime took place, and he remains alive and sane after being saved by Teshigawara and Kouichi. In the manga, Teshigawara had sought help from Kouichi to finding Kazami's body after he had accidentally pushed him off of the cliff. They were glad to find that Kazami was still alive and took him back towards the lodge(s) to find medical attention for his injuries. They had also found out that he wasn't the "extra person/casualty."
- In class he sits in the first row on the second column desks from the corridor. To his left sits Yukari Sakuragi and behind him sits Noboru Saruta.
- He is ranked A+ in Another character ranking.
- In the live action film he protects and saves Takako life from Izumi. They both are seen together outside safe.
- His home address was 3-8 Yuumigaoka Yomiyama City.
- In the original novel, Kazami has a slightly larger role. Many of the actions given to Izumi in the anime were his in the novel (such as shaking Kouichi's hand at the hospital).
- Tomohiko had a crush on Yukari, but it is never shown whether he acted on his feelings. He blamed Kouichi for her death, and used it as justification for attempting to kill him at the inn.
- In all adaptations except the anime, Kazami does not die. He survived the fall from the cliff and later seen in hospital together with Mochizuki with a broken leg. In the live action film, he protects Takako from a deranged Izumi, ensuring they both survive the fire at the inn.
- In the dubbed version of the anime, Naoya affectionately refers to Tomohiko as "Four Eyes" because of his glasses.
- Kazami is the only character to appear on the cover of Another Song Party but to not have his voice actor to sing a song.
- Tomohiko's personality varies drastically between adaptions. In the original novel, he's portrayed as a somewhat unsure and cowardly individual; in the manga he has a more rational demeanor and is generally calmer; the anime version, which has the smallest role, is a vicious, remorseless murderer; oddly, his film incarnation is the most heroic of the four, as he refuses to participate in Izumi's witch-hunt and ultimately saves another student's life in the process.
- In the anime, Tomohiko is show to call Kouichi by his first name the most except for 1 to 2 times it is believed to be that he calls him that at first because Izumi called him that and he wanted to go along with it, it is shown that he considered Kouichi a close friend too as the series began.
- Just like Takako, Tomohiko tried to kill Kouichi because he thought he was the dead one along with him blaming Kouichi for Yukari's death just like Takako tried to kill Mei due to Junta's death and she thought she was the dead one.
- Just like Naoya looking and having some of the same characteristics and looks of Yoshiki Kishinuma from Corpse Party, Tomohiko can be seen to have traits and looks that are comparable to Sakutaro Morishige. The comparisons between Tomohiko and Sakutaro go even further than their looks, as both characters (or at least their anime counterparts) go insane during the events of both series, and attempt to kill one of the main characters, only to end up dying at the hands of another character. Moreover, the weapons that they use and die from in the anime adaptations are the opposite, Tomohiko uses a knife to kill others and is killed by Izumi with a metal bar, while Sakutaro uses a metal bar to attack Yuka Mochida, and is killed by Yuuya Kizami with a knife.
- "These days high school acceptance rates are over 95% all over Japan, so don't worry. There's a high school out there even you could get into."
- "¡¡SHUT UP!!...if they hadn't transferred you, Yukari wouldn't have died"
- Main article: Tomohiko Kazami/Image Gallery