|Height||5'2 (156 cm)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Kotaro Misaki (Husband)
Mitsuyo Fujioka (Older Twin Sister)
Mei Misaki (Niece/Adoptive Daughter)
Misaki Fujioka (Niece) †
Unborn Daughter †
|Affiliation||Misaki M. owner|
Yukiyo Misaki, better known by her pseudonym Kirika, is Mei Misaki's aunt and the owner of the doll store, Misaki M. Studio. She is also the person who makes the dolls upstairs while the store itself is downstairs.
Before the start of the series, Kirika was born with her twin sister, Mistuyo. They both became married and her older twin sister was soon pregnant with twins. These twins are revealed to be Mei and Misaki. Kirika also became pregnant but she lost the child, leaving her devastated. At that time, the Fujioka family was experiencing financial difficulties. Because of this and the fact that Kirika was still trying to cope with the loss, Mei was given to her. Mei the older twin says that Kirika might have wanted to keep this a secret forever, but her great-aunt accidentally made it slip.
In the live-action film, her appearance is the same as she had in the manga but she has short hair and looks a little bit young.
According to Mei, her mother doesn't really care about her or what she does, indifferent toward her school life, and says she just treats her like any other one of her dolls. She's described as a "strange woman who isolates herself in the studio upstairs." Mei also said that when she asked Kirika if she can see her real mother, she was very upset and angry. Yukiyo (Kirika) didn't allow Mei to see her real mother and sister, but Mei and Misaki, her twin sister, were meeting in secret. She bought Mei a mobile to be sure she doesn't go to see Mitsuyo. In the OVA, Mei said that Yukiyo feels guilty for taking away her twin sister's baby girl. She fears Mei might run away to live with Mitsuyo; because of that, she doesn't allow Mei to see Misaki. She is somewhat friendly with Kouichi and is intrigued that any boy let alone him has interest in dolls. She allows him permission to stop by anytime.
- Her home address is 4-4 Misakicho Yomiyama City.
- Her real name, Yukiyo, is a masculine name. Its source is a Japanese expression meaning " A lifetime of happiness".
- In the original novel, Kirika's dolls are a mix of female and male. Also, the doll in the coffin that looks like Mei has reddish-brown hair and is not a life-size doll (slightly smaller) that wears a light colored dress.
- Early in the series Mei revealed the fact that the doll which resembles her was meant to resemble the child Yukiyo lost during her pregnancy.
- Misaki calls her "Yuki".
- Misaki also claimed in the OVA that Yukiyo and Mei's father aren't good parents as they let Mei lose an eye.